For all Windows based CNS VPS subscriptions, including Traderâ€™s VPS and Windows Desktop.
This installer will update the drivers in your Virtual Machine(VM), install new software to bring your VPS image current and further optimize the OS settings.
Please be sure to save any open documents and close all applications. Your VM will reboot after this update is completed.
Effective May, 2013 all Windows based CNS VPS subscriptions will have the Remote Desktop connection port randomized for better protection against Internet threats. If you do not already have your connection port changed from the Microsoft default setting of TCP 3389 then you will need to download a RDP shortcut from the Control Panel in your Client Area after installing this update.
- Simply click "My Products & Services"
- then the "View Details" button to access the Control Panel
- Next, scroll down to the "RDP Shortcut Creator"
- Configure your settings in the box
- Then use the "Download/Open RDP Shortcut" button to Save the file to your PC or Open it when using a Public PC to access your VPS
THIS UPDATE REQUIRES A REBOOT â€“ Be sure to save any open documents and close all applications. Run from your CNS VPS.
After installing this update, your VM will be placed into the pool for migration to our new 2012 hosting platform. You will receive an email with instructions when we are ready to migrate your VM. Please contact CNS support if you require assistance.